Thank you for your willingness to share your time and talent with the children and youth at St. Louis. Clearance FOR ADULTS age 18 and over is now an on-line process. Please go to www.shieldthevulnerable.org to register as a volunteer.
Youth age 14 – 17 please see STAND clearance for Youth 14 – 17
If you have already registered through the SHIELD site as a volunteer or employee at another parish in the Baltimore Archdiocese, please click on “Already signed-up. Log-in here”.
- Go to “My Account” open Affiliation and click on “Add affiliation” at the bottom of the screen.
- Add St. Louis as another place where you will volunteer and choose your “primary location.”
If you have not registered as a volunteer or employee at another parish in the Baltimore Archdiocese, please click on “FIRST TIME SIGN-UP”
- Select Catholic Dioceses
- Select Baltimore Archdiocese, then select Confirm
- You will then see a letter from Archbishop Lori. After reading his letter, select NEXT.
- User Login Data section: You will create your own login-ID and password. Once all requested information is completed, select Next Step.
- Affiliation section: Select Volunteer as User Type.
- Select the appropriate Location Type, Where Located, and Location Name.
- Because you are working with children, select Substantial contact w/children. However, if you also will be driving children as part of your volunteer service, then select Drivers with contact. Then select Next Step.
- You will be asked, “Do you volunteer at another location?” If you will be serving at another location, repeat steps 6-8 for that location.
- Application Info section: You will be asked, “Are you a new volunteer?” Select Yes.
- Answer the three questions for volunteers/employees and provide three references. Please include e-mail addresses to expedite the process and alert your reference that they will be getting an e-mail with attachment from St. Louis. Then select, Next Step.
- Summary/Confirm section: Review your information. If it is correct, select Accept and then Confirm Signup.
- Background Check Registration/Criminal History Screening: Complete the background check form and authorization. Enter your electronic signature, then choose I Consent to the Background Check or I DO NOT Consent to the Background Check. (If you do not consent to the background check, you may not serve as a volunteer who will have substantial contact with children.)
- Next you will need to complete Protect the Children: STANDonline training.
- Once you have finished the training, you will be asked to read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies: A Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth and the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. You will be asked to answer questions about the policies.