St. Louis Basketball Program is New and Improved!
Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, the Archdiocese of Baltimore CYO Basketball Committee will offer two divisions of basketball for children in grades 4-8: the Playoff Division, a competition-focused division, and the Non-Playoff Division, a skill-building/social-focused division. St. Louis Basketball Program will have a new structure for all students and parish children that want to participate.
The St. Louis Basketball Program will include:
• A Kindergarten/1st grade basketball clinic
• A 2nd grade developmental/recreational league hosted by Trinity School
• A 3rd grade recreational league hosted by Trinity School
• 4th-8th grade teams in both CYO divisions. CYO teams will be grouped as follows:
Junior: 5th/6th grades
Senior: 7th/8th grades
Elementary: 4th grade
The CYO divisions will be referred to as the Playoff Division and the Non-Playoff Division.
The Playoff Division is designed for skilled, experienced players who are dedicated to improvement. Players must attend and participate in scheduled team evaluation/selection sessions.
• Children in this division have basketball experience, competitive basketball skills, and the desire to play in a more intense environment (e.g. participating in extra workouts, this team is the top priority extra-curricular activity during the season).
• This division gives the child an opportunity to continue to learn the game in a competitive, more intense, and quicker-paced setting.
• Teams in this division can earn a spot in the post-season Archdiocesan CYO tournament.
The Non-Playoff Division is designed for less-skilled, less-experienced players who are seeking a social opportunity to play on a team. All players who register in this division are placed on a non-playoff team.
• Children in this division have little or no experience in the sport.
• This division gives the child an opportunity to learn the game in a low-key, no-pressure-to-win atmosphere.
• There are no trophies, awards, or championships in this division.
Still have questions? - Visit our FAQ page!
Registration closed on Friday, September 28th at NOON. This is a hard deadline.
The St. Louis Basketball Board
The St. Louis Basketball Board will assist our players, coaches, and parents and will serve as our liaison with the Archdiocese of Baltimore CYO Basketball Committee. Questions, concerns, or comments may be referred to St. Louis Basketball Board members.
CYO Playoff Division Team Selections: Team selections, listed below, will be held in the John Evans Memorial Gymnasium. Players for Playoff Divison teams must attend at least one session. It is not necessary for Non-Playoff Team players to attend these selections.
Boys (4th grade): Sunday, 9/23 3:30PM-5PM and Thursday, 9/27 6PM-8PM
Girls (5th/6th grades): Sunday, 9/16 2PM-4PM and Thursday, 9/20 6PM-8PM
Boys (5th/6th grades): Sunday, 9/23 5PM-7PM and Wednesday, 9/26 6PM-8PM
Girls (7th/8th grades): Sunday, 9/16 4PM-6PM and Wednesday, 9/19 7:30PM-9PM
Boys (7th/8th grades): Sunday, 9/16 6PM-8PM and Tuesday, 9/25 6PM-8PM