I am pleased to announce that we will celebrate public Masses this Sunday, June 7 at both parishes of our Pastorate. Since we are still limited to only 10 people for in-church Masses, our alternative is to celebrate the Masses outdoors. As a beginning, the schedule is as follows:
Outdoor Sunday Mass
8:00 am at St Louis
9:00 am at St Francis of Assisi
10:00 am at St Louis
Please keep in mind the following:
- We will continue to send Mass to you electronically so please do not put yourself at risk. Archbishop Lori has suspended the obligation to attend Mass and it is extremely important that you do not put yourself or others at risk. If not feeling well, please stay at home and pray with us electronically.
- This schedule is weather dependent and Mass will not be celebrated if it is raining
- Everyone must wear a mask throughout the entire Mass
- Please bring your own chair and umbrella for shade if you like
- Bathrooms are not available
- Please keep the social distancing requirement of 6 feet away from the closest person; however members of the same household may sit together.
- Holy Communion will be distributed on the hand; please keep 6 feet away from the person in front of you.
- Feel free to attend whichever Mass is convenient. An Offertory box will be available to receive your donation. If you are not using a parish envelope, please put your donation in an envelope and print your name and the name of your parish. Donations will be forwarded to the church indicated.
- Volunteers will be available to assist with parking
Please keep in mind that this is a first step toward celebrating Mass and receiving the Eucharist in a way that is safe and reverent. We will evaluate our experience and make adjustments as we await permission to begin using our churches. Thank you for your patience in this first effort. May God bless you and our pastorate as we begin celebrating public Masses together.
- No more than 10 people in the Chapel at any time. If 10 present, wait until someone leaves before re-entering.
- Wear a mask covering your mouth and nose at all times
- Maintain a 6 foot safe social distance in the pews
- Use available sanitizing wipes to clean the area where you will be sitting/kneeling to pray including seat, top of the pew in front of you.
- Throw away used sanitizing wipes before exiting the Chapel.
- On Saturday, drive-through Confessions will be heard from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Enter the St Louis parking lot from the Ten Oaks Road entrance and leave by Route 108.
- No Friday Confessions.
The parish bulletin can be found online here.
How You Can Support the 142nd Clarksville Picnic
Although we will be unable to celebrate the Clarksville Picnic as we have in past years, there are three ways you can support the Picnic this year.
1) Our 50/50 Money Raffle is underway. We’ve raised over $13,445 ensuring the winner will receive at least $6,722.
The raffle will continue to June 27 with a winner picked at 5 pm. Use the link below to purchase tickets with credit cards. Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. If you prefer to pay by check, you can mail it to the Parish Office or drop off in the mailbox outside the parish office. Mark the envelope “Attn: Picnic Raffle” and include your email address and the number of tickets you’d like to purchase. If you do not have an email address please call Tracy Mayer at 410-531-6040 for assistance.
2) A Taste of the Clarksville Picnic - Drive Thru Carryout
On Saturday, June 27, we will be distributing a limited, but familiar, picnic menu to include chicken, ribs, cucumbers, applesauce, potato salad and coleslaw. No one will need to get out of their cars. All food will be picked up in the church parking lot. Be on the lookout for preorder forms that will be out the first week of June. You must preorder your food.
3) On Line Giving
If picnic food and raffle tickets do not interest you, or if you’d simply like to give in addition to the raffle and carryout, please consider making a donation in the amount you may have spent at the Clarksville Picnic. Thanks in advance for your generosity. http://www.osvonlinegiving.com/1899/DirectDonate/46397
The Clarksville Picnic is the churches largest fundraiser and we truly appreciate all the support we have received to date through the 50/50 raffle. Stay tuned for more information coming out on the “Taste of the Clarksville Picnic” drive thru carryout. Should you have questions please feel free to reach to Joanne Yuvanc (email@example.com) or Dan Comeaux (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In this time of uncertainty, please know that we rely on your charitable giving now more than ever - not only so that the parish can meet its financial obligations, but it also allows us to continue assisting those most in need. Using Our Sunday Visitor Online Giving is the best way for us to accomplish this.
Visit https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/1899 and create your account today! It’s fast, easy, and secure. This option makes use of current, and more secure, technology for you to easily set up recurring contributions to the parish on a more flexible and convenient schedule than EFT.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have set up payments via your bank website to come to St. Louis Church we ask that you prayerfully consider switching to Our Sunday Visitor Online Giving. This allows your charitable contributions to be put to use immediately.
Other Online Giving Parishioner benefits include:
Secure and confidential. There is no need to share your banking and payment information with the parish office.
Efficient. You may choose to set up direct withdrawals from your checking or savings account or a credit card.
Simple. You can start, stop, and change your contribution at any time of day or night.
Variety and ease. You are able to give not only recurring donations to Offertory, etc., but when a special or second collection arises, it’s quick and easy for you to contribute there as well.
Charitable giving. At a glance, you can track your charitable giving throughout the year and obtain a statement at the beginning of the year for your taxes.
You may request a statement through this link. Contribution statements will be emailed on Fridays (please include an email or we will not be able to send your statement). We cannot account for loose cash dropped in the collection basket.
It’s quick and easy to register as a parishioner at St. Louis Church! Please complete this registration form and bring it with you to the next scheduled New Parishioner Welcome Session. That’s it!
Archdiocese of Baltimore
Have you visited the Archdiocese of Baltimore's website? Did you even know there was one? You are encouraged to visit archbalt.org often for the Archbishop's homilies and blog. Learn all about our archdiocesan history, mission, and policies. Sign up to receive bulletins or view pages for ethics reporting, career opportunities, and vocations. You can also find information about many Archdiocesan ministries, the Archbishop's Annual Appeal, and the past few years' annual reports of income and expenditure. It's a wealth of information!