As Archbishop Lori recently noted, the use of new communications technology is increasingly crucial to the mission and work of the Church. Not only must we proclaim the Gospel using every means necessary, but we must also learn to meet our people where they are – communicating the way they communicate and using the most efficient and effective tools available to us. We need look no further than Pope Francis’ use of Twitter and other such tools for evidence of its effectiveness in connecting people with their Church today!
The Catholic Review Media is making available to every parish across the Archdiocese a variety of powerful communication tools including:
• MyParish App, an effective mobile app to engage and connect parishioners and inspire their faith
• Flocknote, an easy-to-use tool for gathering parishioner contact info, creating beautiful email newsletters, sending powerful text messages and more
• A new Catholic Review Magazine to keep you connected to the larger Catholic Community through print and digital editions
Enjoy many useful faith-building resources and features to complement your daily faith life, such as, Confession and prayer time reminders, daily Mass readings, quick access to parish contacts, the ability to submit prayer requests, receive MassMode™ reminders to silence your phone before Mass, and much more.
Download myParish App for Apple
Download myParish App for Android
All the features available include: (Click on the links for more info)
• Messages – Favorite, share or reply to messages from your parish.
• Calendar – View or share time and location of upcoming parish events and RSVP when relevant or add to your phone’s calendar.
• Readings – Daily Mass readings provided by the USCCB from the NAB(re) version of the bible.
• Homilies – Listen to or read weekly homilies provided by your parish.
• News – The latest Catholic news from your parish or around the world (provided by the Catholic News Agency).
• Giving – Easily access your parish’s online giving.
• Confession – Next Confession reminder, available Confession times, how-to guide, examination of conscience, and act of contrition.
• Parish Info – All the important and helpful contacts at your parish are only a tap away with a directory of parish and/or school staff.
• Mass Times – All Mass times for the week with MassMode™ time or location reminders to silence your phone before Mass.
• Prayers – Full list of traditional Catholic prayers with the ability to set reminders for any of them or your own daily prayer time. Also submit prayer requests to your parish.
• Bulletins – View this week’s and past bulletins from your parish.
After texting or submitting your form, Flocknote will give you an opportunity to join different mailing groups at St. Louis, enter an optional password, and download myParish app.
The Catholic Review has unveiled a new MONTHLY MAGAZINE format providing in-depth analysis, inspirational stories and practical tips for living a vibrant Catholic faith. If you’re registered in the parish, the Catholic Review magazine will be mailed to your home four times a year. It will also be available for you to pick up at Mass eight months of the year.
An Enhanced Website with fresh content daily, an E-Newsletter, and an improved digital edition will be available to everyone. There is even app for your Apple devices.
Please follow the link to view the new and improved Catholic Review.