St. Louis Basketball Program
We are planning for Basketball Season 2021-2022!
We are excited to give all students the opportunity to play basketball.
K/1st Grade Clinic
- Participants: Any school or parish child in K or 1st grade.
- League: 6 clinic sessions at St. Louis Parish Activity Center
- Activity Dates: Saturdays starting in January 2022
- Uniforms: None needed; None provided;
- Coaches: Any parent interested in helping during the sessions;
2nd and 3rd Grade Basketball
- Rosters: Even team splits are made by coaches at initial practices; same grade teams;
- League: All games hosted/played at Trinity;
- Activity Dates: No confirmation yet but previous seasons practices start mid-November and games start mid-December
- Practice/Games: 1 practice during the week at St. Louis or HCPS gym; 1 game a week (Saturdays or Sundays)
- Uniforms: Pinnies provided for teams; Pinnies are kept by the players;
- Coaches: Player development; Communicate with families; work with basketball committee with any questions/concerns/requests;
4th through 8th Grade Basketball
St. Louis Parish and School boys and girls grades 4th through 8th are encouraged to participate in St. Louis CYO basketball teams. Team selections, listed below, will be held in the John Evans Memorial Gymnasium. Players must attend at least one session. It is strongly recommended that interested players attend both sessions, but it is understood that players have other commitments. Any questions, contact Mary Jane Tomasic (email@example.com).
- Boys (4th/5th grade): Tuesday, 10/5 6PM-7:30PM and Sunday, 10/10 2PM-3:30PM
- Girls (4th/5th grade): Wednesday, 10/6 6PM-7:30PM and Sunday, 10/10 3:30PM-5PM
- Girls (6th/7th/8th grades): Thursday, 10/7 6PM-7:30PM and Sunday, 10/10 5PM-6:30PM
- Boys (6th/7th/8th grades): Wednesday, 10/6 7:30PM-9PM and Sunday, 10/10 6:30PM-8PM
Team Selections: Players are evaluated by independent evaluators, and coaches; Players must attend a team selection session in order to be placed on an “A” team.
- Rosters: Roster size will be based on numbers of participants and skill level.
- League: Team league placement is based on league availability and coach’s choice;
- Activity Dates: Evaluations late September; practices start in October; games start December;
- Practice/Games: 1 practice during the week at St. Louis or a HCPS gym; 1 game a week (game day depends on league selection)
- Uniforms: Shirts and shorts distributed to players and collected at end of season;
- Coaches: Attend Archdiocese required “Play Like A Champion” training; provide mandatory CYO player contracts for all rostered players by specified deadline; Player development; Communicate with families; work with basketball committee with any questions/concerns/requests; distribute players uniforms and collect all player uniforms upon season completion
Archdiocese required “Play Like A Champion” Training Dates
- September 11 - 9AM - 12PM @ Monsignor Slade
- September 25 - 9AM - 12PM @ Immaculate Conception
- October 23 - 9AM - 12PM @ St. Agnes
Volunteer Hour Opportunity
Parents or Adult Family members looking to earn Volunteer Hours can help out the Basketball Program by being Hall Monitors. Hall Monitors provide access to the school gym and monitor the hallway during practices on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings (6PM – 9 PM). Please contact Mary Jane Tomasic (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions or to sign-up to help. Training will be provided.
The St. Louis Basketball Board
The St. Louis Basketball Board will assist our players, coaches, and parents and will serve as our liaison with the Archdiocese of Baltimore CYO Basketball Committee. Questions, concerns, or comments may be referred to St. Louis Basketball Board members.
Jean Battista (email@example.com)
Maddie McConnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Becca Salkeld (email@example.com)
Jerry Trepkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mary Jane Tomasic (email@example.com)
Registration Is Now Closed