Each student is a unique individual and deserves an academic experience where mind AND spirit rejoice!
The Saint Louis School Illumination Program was established in 2007 to address the diverse learning needs of its students. Staffed by four teaching specialists, the program is designed to assist and accommodate students of all ability levels in order to optimize the students’ learning experience in the school’s rigorous curriculum.
Highlights of Illumination Program
- A Student Accommodation Plan (SAP): service plan created for students who have had a formal evaluation
- FLEX (foreign language exempt) classes for those who qualify
- Screens for reading achievement and provides intervention for the primary grades
- Differentiated instruction
- Collaboration with teachers, administrators, and parents
- Whole group, small group, and inclusion
- No additional tuition to participate
Our Illuminations Team
- Mrs. Laura Brookman: Illumination Administrator
- Mrs. Elizabeth Friedman: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade
- Mr. Mike Kerins: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for 7th grade, 8th grade
- Mrs. Kate Maloney: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for 3rd grade, 4th grade
- Mrs. Pam Riggin: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade