Each student is a unique individual and deserves an academic experience where mind AND spirit rejoice!
The Saint Louis School Illumination Program was established in 2007 to address the diverse learning needs of its students. Staffed by four teaching specialists, the program is designed to assist and accommodate students of all ability levels in order to optimize the students’ learning experience in the school’s rigorous curriculum.
Highlights of Illumination Program
- A Student Accommodation Plan (SAP): service plan created for students who have had a formal evaluation
- FLEX (foreign language exempt) classes for those who qualify
- Screens for reading achievement and provides intervention for the primary grades
- Differentiated instruction
- Collaboration with teachers, administrators, and parents
- Whole group, small group, and inclusion
- No additional tuition to participate
Our Illuminations Team
- Mrs. Elizabeth Friedman: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for Pre-K, 1st Grade, 3rd Grade.
- Mrs. Marie Hatfield: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, 4th Grade; Primary Testing Coordinator.
- Mr. Mike Kerins: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade; 6th Grade Math Teacher.
- Mrs. Raquel Lohmeyer: Case Manager/Resource Teacher for 5th Grade; Speech and Language Screenings.
Team members collaborate and coordinate with the administration, school counselor, and teachers.
For a more comprehensive overview of the Illumination Program, please click here.