YOU ARE INVITED to adopt a college student to keep them connected to their home parish, and to remind them that they have a faith community praying for them and supporting them during this newly-independent time in their lives.
College Connection adult partners are assigned a college-aged young adult to “adopt” for a year (hopefully for their entire school career).
Why become a College Connection partner?
- To support college-aged young adults in staying connected with their home parish and to their faith.
- To offer prayer and encouragement for college-aged young adults as they go through new and challenging times.
- To extend hospitality to the young adults of St. Francis & St. Louis parishes beyond church walls.
- To give one college-aged young adult one-on-one attention through cards and notes throughout the year.
- Home-based mentorship: we try to match you with a student from the same college you attended, or with the same major or seeking the same degree as you did.
What is expected of a College Connection partner?
- Pray for your college student by name.
- Send a card or note about once a month (you will get an email overview with instructions and reminders from CYM each month.)
- Free-will donation of $60/student per year to cover the costs of care packages (CYM sends one care package per semester to each student and gift cards during Christmas and graduation.) This is a free-will donation, not required.
- At your discretion, you may send your own care packages or share your individual information with your college student. (We will facilitate communication and ensure each student receives at least one care package per semester. We won’t give out student contact information to ensure privacy; it is up to the student to share that with their CC partner.)
- Be open to volunteer at one or more of our college events — care package assembly, Homecoming/graduates reception/weekend (May), Send off (June), occassional summer or winter break events. Your presence is appreciated, not required.
Get involved by registering here!