This page will be updated periodically with prayer experiences that are available to high school students and their families. Please let the CYM Office know if you are aware of something that could be shared on this page!
Confirmation students: A communal prayer experience is a component of your Confirmation prep. This is a great thing to do with your parent or sponsor.
SUGGESTED PRAYER EXPERIENCES:
- Eucharistic Adoration. Experience one of our most beautiful, sacred and calming Catholic prayer traditions. Come and drop in for some quiet time in the chapel with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. St. Louis Chapel every Sunday from 9AM to 5PM.
- How do you “do” Eucharistic Adoration? Click here.
- Download CYM’s Teen Guide to Eucharistic Adoration.
- Are you interested in becoming a regular Eucharistic Adorer? (one hour, once a week) Email Luisa to find out more.
- Rosary. Who knows Jesus better than his own mother? When we pray the Rosary, we walk through the “mysteries” of Jesus’ life alongside Mary, all the while asking her to intercede for (pray on behalf of) us. Remember, we don’t worship Mary, as Catholics. We entrust ourselves to her as our heavenly mother. (John 19:26).
- Pilgrimage. Deepen your faith by visiting a holy site. There are plenty within driving distance!
- The Baltimore Basilica, Baltimore, MD
- The Shrine of St. Anthony, Fulton, MD
- Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, DC
- Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land, Washington, DC
- Grotto at Mount St. Mary’s, Emmitsburg, MD
- Year of St. Joseph local pilgrimage sites, MD
- btw, What’s the difference between a pilgrim and a tourist?
Every week in the bulletin, you can find a Prayer List. There are a number of names of individuals in the parish for whom we have been specifically asked to pray. For example, praying a rosary for these individuals with your family or a group of friends can count as a prayer experience. Please note, the prayer should happen with a group of people so it is a communal activity.