Catholic Daughters of the Americas - Court Saint Louis #2579 Clarksville, Maryland
We are the Catholic Daughters of the Americas®, Court St. Louis #2579. We invite all women to embrace this wonderful organization of women of Faith and Love. We provide local spirituality, sharing and activity under the support of a vibrant national organization.
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality, and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
- Unity and Charity
Our Two-Fold Purpose: Spirituality and Service
- The integration of spirituality and service is the foundation of the Catholic Daughters. CDA helps women develop their spirituality and provides avenues of service to live out that spirituality. The CDA gives members a unique opportunity to share their faith with other Catholic women. Helping others through charitable acts in the spirit of Jesus Christ is the heart of our organization. "Spirituality and Service": the heart and soul foundation of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas.
Members donate to charities, administer scholarship programs and strive “to be helping hands where there is pain, poverty, sorrow or sickness.” They embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all. Catholic Daughters worship together, pray together and help each other be the best Catholic women they can possibly be.
Our regular meetings are on the 3rd Wednesday of the month (except July and January) at 6:30 PM in the Pastoral Center Social Hall. Other activities we do are:
- "CIRCLE OF LOVE" program - assists Catholic Daughters in working with the Church and community
- Walking with Mary - 10:00 AM at the Shrine of St. Anthony, followed by Adoration and Confession. A time of quiet meditation
- Eucharistic Adoration Holy Hour for Life on Sundays from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM. An hour with the Jesus brings comfort and peace
- Rosary for World Peace - First Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM
- Monthly Book Club discussions via Zoom
- Monthly Fun on Saturdays via Zoom. Many topics are explored with this social and friendly gathering.
Does the prospect of a deep merging of spirituality and service resonate within your heart? Are you perhaps looking for a way to help the less fortunate in your community or wondering how you can help people in your area who have experienced tragedy? For more information contact Theresa Enright, Leadership Chair, at 410-489-4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.