Welcome to College & Young Adult Ministry!
COLLEGE HOMECOMING WEEKEND - MAY 22, 2022
High school graduates and college students - you are invited to see what St. Francis/St. Louis College Ministry has to offer! Come to Noon MASS, SUNDAY, MAY 22 at St. Louis to receive a graduates blessing followed by a PICNIC in the field. Sign up for college care packages, get a free COLLEGE T-shirt and become a part of College Connection! Adults/alumni -- you are invited to join us and "adopt" a College Student. Please email Luisa Palting for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All young adults ages 18-22 are invited to join the St. Francis/St. Louis College Connection Ministry (it is not necessary to be enrolled in college)
- College Connection Ministry - college students may sign up for this optional program, which partners college students with parish alumni adults who support them throughout the academic year via prayer, cards and care packages, homecoming weekend in May and send off weekend in August. The goal is to help college-aged students remain connected to their home parish community and assist them in the transition from high school to college life.
- Emails and newsletters to our entire college-aged audience to keep them in touch with St. Louis family, provide discussion opportunities around relevant issues, share prayer intentions, novenas, and invite them to retreats and other events. Email Luisa to be included in this email list (include email and cellphone please.)
- College/Young Adult Winter Retreat - usually held the first week of January. This "low-key" retreat provides an opportunity to gather, reflect and have fun in a home away from home setting. Registration opens late Fall.
- College/Young Adult Habitat for Humanity - serves the Sussex County chapter of Habitat for Humanity. Build houses during the day and build faith and friendships in the evening. SAVE THE DATE: MAY 31-JUNE 5, 2022. More info here.
- Campus Visits - CYM staff (Pat and Luisa) visits local college campuses throughout the year to deliver care packages, have conversations, take students out for coffee or lunch and provide a connection to home.
Young Adult Ministry
The Young Adult Ministry is for young adults 20s-30s and is a combined ministry with St. Francis of Assisi Church (Fulton) and St. Louis.
IN-PARISH YOUNG ADULTS
The Young Adult Ministry encourages participation in the life of the parish and Archdiocese-wide activities and events. We welcome young adults to take initiative in leading peer-to-peer activities at St. Francis & St. Louis in order to grow their home-base faith community and help in outreach efforts as missionary disciples. Young adults are also invited to participate in high-school retreat teams, Confirmation prep, as religious ed catechists and other CYM efforts (must be VIRTUS-cleared to work with youth.) Contact Luisa with ideas, suggestions or if you would like to help grow the ministry!
Luisa Palting is the contact person for St. Louis College & Young Adult Ministry
- April 15, 2023
WYD Local Pilgrimage Series - ArchBalt 8:00 am - 2:00 pm