Welcome to College & Young Adult Ministries
College Connection Ministry
All young adults ages 18-22 are invited to join the St. Francis/St. Louis College Connection Ministry (it is not necessary to be enrolled in college). Activities include:
- College Connection Ministry - college students may sign up for this optional program, which partners college students with parish alumni adults who support them throughout the academic year via prayer, cards and care packages, homecoming weekend in May and send off weekend in August. The goal is to help college-aged students remain connected to their home parish community and assist them in the transition from high school to college life.
- Emails and newsletters to our entire college-aged audience to keep them in touch with St. Louis family, provide discussion opportunities around relevant issues, share prayer intentions, novenas, and invite them to retreats and other events. Click here to be included in this email list (include email and cellphone please).
- College/Young Adult Winter Retreat - usually held the first week of January. This "low-key" retreat provides an opportunity to gather, reflect and have fun in a home away from home setting. Registration opens late Fall.
- College/Young Adult Habitat for Humanity - serves the Sussex County chapter of Habitat for Humanity. Build houses during the day and build faith and friendships in the evening.
- Campus Visits - Youth Ministry staff visits local college campuses throughout the year to deliver care packages, have conversations, take students out for coffee or lunch and provide a connection to home.
Alumni and adults can adopt a parish college student from their alma mater or a college of their choice. You can make a difference to a college student! Help keep our young adults connected to the parish! Sign up here.
Young Adult Ministry
The Young Adult Ministry is for young adults 20s-30s and is a combined ministry with St. Francis of Assisi Church - Fulton and St. Louis. It encourages participation in the life of the parish and Archdiocese-wide activities and events. We welcome young adults to take initiative in leading peer-to-peer activities at St. Francis & St. Louis in order to grow their home-base faith community and help in outreach efforts as missionary disciples.
Young adults are also invited to participate in high-school retreat teams, Confirmation preparation, as Faith Formation catechists and other Youth Ministry efforts (must be VIRTUS-cleared to work with youth).
Catholic U Visit (tentative) 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Loyola 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Northern campus visits (tentative) Towson, Loyola, Peabody 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM