St. Louis Parish and School Inclement Weather Policy
Approved by: Pastoral Staff, Parish Corporators, and Pastoral Council November 2015
St. Louis Parish takes seriously its obligation to provide for the safety of those on our campus. This policy reflects our commitment to making safety a priority.
• Closure of the St. Louis Campus applies to all offices, events, and ministries.
• Weather-related announcements will be posted on our parish website and delivered through Flocknote.
St. Louis Parish and School will follow the Howard County Public School System with regard to weather-related decisions.
• If the Howard County Public Schools are delayed or closed, the weekday Mass is cancelled. The presider will offer Mass privately for the specified intention(s).
• If the Howard County Public Schools are closed, all daytime and evening activities on the campus are cancelled and all offices are closed.
• If the Howard County Public School System announces an early closing or the cancellation of afternoon or evening programs, all events on the St. Louis campus will be cancelled and all offices will be closed.
• If the Howard County Public School System has not issued a weather-related announcement, St. Louis Parish will evaluate conditions and may close its campus.
• On weekends, decisions regarding closure of the campus as well as the cancellation of funerals, weddings, and weekend Masses will be made by the Facilities Manager in consultation with the clergy and parish staff.
• When planning a large event or an event involving outside vendors, an inclement weather date will be scheduled.
• Contracts with outside vendors should include the following clause:
If the event for which services are being contracted is cancelled due to inclement weather or some other emergency situation, no payment shall be made for such services so long as the cancellation is communicated at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the event.